Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Old Seven Seas Italian Dressing

Oltrecampi. Interview with Maria Rosaria Centonze



was the early eighties when Maria Rosaria Centonze, born in 1960, took its first steps on the rectangles Tennis Club to play Monticano Fields Salento. Soon, delighting in several local tournaments, encouraging results obtained, it begins to take the game a bit 'more seriously and train more consistently, in 1990 took the title of champion regional championship teams of the Italian Cup.
His insatiable hunger for competitive spirit took her card at the Italian Tennis Federation (FIT) in comparison with other athletes and to grow at a professional level. It began to play on clay, which she called "the cradle of tennis", moving constantly throughout the region.
This was followed by successes in 1994 took the title of Provincial Champion and Regional Champion in the Italian Cup championship teams with the next phase of national recapture the same title in 2004 with the Ass. D. Sports Bellaria, where it is still rationed. But the event that she considers "historic" is twice in the success of last season: in October 2009 confirms the Regional Champion in the team championship, and in February of 2010, still in the team competition, won the Coppa Puglia region, earning, in addition to the attention of local newspapers, also that of the national magazine "The Italian Tennis." We
Campintesta we met on a sunny autumn afternoon to talk over coffee, its successes, tennis and municipalities ...

What do you think about the success of your tennis?
Never give up! Even today I love being competitive, competitive and combative. This gratifies me within and fills me with satisfaction that I repay the commitment that it takes me. But in addition to my stubbornness, I owe so much and I sincerely thank my great friend, Mario Pedone, team captain, as well as Federal Judge, who has stood by me in achieving my success.

In two words: what is it for you tennis?
is pure competition, but at the same time is a sport transparent, clean and elegant that you can practice as a simple moment of relaxation with friends.

What do you think the degree of attention of the municipalities of Fields (past and present) to the tennis and sports in general? I
that the local government, in sport, always have a common denominator: many words and little action. Their lack of interest in sports comes from a total disinformation, as evidenced by my story and I believe they do not know anything! The various advisors to the branch, moreover, entirely hiding among young people, do not live generational issues, while young people run away from the walls of the country. That's exactly what I did years ago, going to Lecce, where sports clubs allow you to practice sport at competitive levels.
yet to have a sports field ... Our Sports Hall is only a monument to the fallen of the sport is not practiced!

Projects for the future?
Experience in a professional new practices such as beach tennis courts: I want to turn my passion for a simple game of beach and spectacular in a regulated sport.

by Campintesta , November 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment